pictures

pictures
Some Days Waiting Makes Us a Bit Crazy!

Monday, February 7, 2011

What a journey!

Who would have thought building our family would take us all the way around the world?  I certainly didn't.  Tom & I were just kids when we started dating.  It's amazing to think we've been together for 17 years now. Where did the time go?  We've grown up together and are now blessed with such an amazing friendship & love!  We waited for college graduation to get married.  Then we wanted a couple of years together on our own before starting our family.  We would have never imagined it would be so tough.  From start to Sam's long awaited arrival was 5 years.  It seemed like forever!  If you had told me then our infertility would have been a blessing I would have laughed.  No, I would have probably screamed.  Now, we know differently.  Waiting taught us to cherish our time with Sam!  I know we would have loved him, but would we have loved him so deeply?  Then, there's Teddy!  When Tom and I were dating and talking about our futures, we had no idea it would include adoption.  What a miracle!  When we saw Teddy's sweet face, we just knew he was our son.  I've had a few ask "Why China?". I loved the response I read on another adoption blog, "that's where our son is!"  In the past months our lives have changed more than we expected.  More than some of our friends and family may even realize.  We started this process searching for a child to add to our family.  I had no idea how much it would touch my heart!  All the beautiful faces waiting for their families!  Oohhhh!  I wish I could personally find a loving home for each and every one.  When we bring Teddy home (which can't come soon enough), it will not be the end of our adoption journey.  This is the start of a new calling for our family!  We want to spread the word about the amazing children out their just waiting.  Thank you God for allowing us to be a part of your plan!  What a blessing!  

Growing According to God's Plan,
Melissa

  

No comments:

Post a Comment