pictures

pictures
Some Days Waiting Makes Us a Bit Crazy!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Fed Ex Stalker

Is it normal to be obsessed with FedEx trucks when you are adopting internationally? 


As we wait for LOA I am becoming crazier if that is even possible.  I watch every one I pass wondering if good news may be in the back of the truck.  Rationally, I know our agency will call & say we have LOA before FedEx comes, but that doesn't stop me.  I see 3 in a days time and tell Tom "3rd times a charm maybe today's our day."  I'm sure I'm driving him batty, but still he loves me and says "I'm sure you are right Honey."  Afterwards he may look for mental health facilities on his phone, but he acts like I have a totally normal obsession.  They come in all forms.
                                                                 

Several apparently pass our house everyday.  Yesterday we pulled out of the driveway and passed a FedEx truck.  I told Tom I was going to turn around just in case it was going to our house so we didn't miss it.  Have to say that's where he drew the line.  "Dear, I'm sure Marilyn will tell you when it's coming so we are home."  I couldn't stop thinking about it all day and nearly jumped from the car when a small box was sitting on the bench.  Silly starter for his parents' lawnmower. All I need is for one to stop and pull in our driveway.  I've seen people take photos of the driver with their envelope.  Poor driver has no clue what they are in for when they ring our door bell.  I'm so anxious I may just accidentally knock him/her over, give a quick kiss, or hug until they beg me to let go.  Can you imagine this isn't even the last step? Someone in our house needs to calm down a bit.  I'm not saying it's me, but the boys are acting normal so guess it's a good chance.  Ugh!  How much longer????? I'm so ready to hold my boy!!! Sam asks about him every day now.  Tom buys 2 of every toy.  Don't let him kid you.  One is for Sam and he is using the 2nd until Teddy gets home.  This is getting to be a good deal for him.  Still waiting! Still praying! We are praying for Teddy to be safe, remain in good health, know we love him, and that God grants Mommy an extra helping of patience.  :-) 

Growing According to God's Plan,
Melissa (still waiting for God's perfect timing)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, stalking FedEx trucks is a normal part of the adoption process.

    ReplyDelete